CMO 2.0 and .NET 4 installation problems and solutions
When I installed CMO 2.0 on a CMS 6 site running .NET 4, I had some issues with the installer. Same problems on both my dev and production environment.
After the module installation in Deployment Center, the site does not start. Btw, why can’t I have the option to only install the necessary CMO services and application files? It’s a scary feeling to let an installer do what it wants to my production config files.
1. The installer pokes around in Web.config modifying some configSections, namely it adds some sections to system.web.extensions/scripting/webServices sectionGroup.
I’m not sure why but once these lines were removed I’m getting the next error.
2. The installer alters the targetFramework and set it to 3.5. I changed this back to 4.0
3. CMO adds some httphandlers that refers to a 3.5 assembly.
I needed to change this handler in order to get Live Monitor and the Thumbnail service working:
<add name="svc-Integrated" path="*.svc" verb="*"
System.ServiceModel, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
Which is located here:
Change it to:
<add name="svc-Integrated" path="*.svc" verb="*" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler,
System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral,
KPI Settings throws an Exception
4. This is probably not a 4.0 issue but something caused by some cultureInfo thing. I don’t know.
In CMO/Campaigns/Settings you can click “KPI Settings” to configure KPI.
This caused this one…
While I probably should have waited for a proper patch, I needed to get this running. So… at my own risk, I patched C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.\Install\Modules\CMO126.96.36.199\CMO\Units\Kpi\KpiSettingsEditor.ascx
I changed ValueToCompare to “0,01” with a comma instead.
5. The browser or gateway element with ID “Safari1Plus” cannot be found.
I removed Safari.browser and Chrome.browser from the App_Browsers folder.