|Number of votes:||3|
I’ll do a sample using Asset Importer with more simple steps.
- A Commerce site was upgraded to latest Commerce nuget package
- Code sample package was downloaded from http://world.episerver.com/Download/Items/EPiServer-Commerce/EPiServer-75-Commerce-tools-and-code-samples/
- Extract Commerce75CodeSamplePackage and EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Tools.ImportAsset.zip
- Open EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Tools.ImportAsset.csproj
- Open Nuget package Manager Console and install latest Commerce nuget package: install-package EPiServer.Commerce.Core
- Make sure project can be built
I have some images that will be imported to Commerce Media, and put them to a folder, name it as “Images” for example.
Write a simple csv file and call it “mapping.csv”
Open cmd and execute this command:
AssetImporter ..\..\Commerce75CodeSamplePackage\mapping.csv ..\..\Commerce75CodeSamplePackage\Images D:\EPiServer\MyEPiServerSite\wwwroot babycatalog –byasset
Syntax of AssetImporter command:
AssetImporter <mapping_asset_file> <asset_folder> <commerce_core_site_path> [asset_root] [-byasset] [-verbose]
Restart web application and open site, you can see:
- Images are import as media into babycatalog.
- Products/variants now have images.