Views: 1190
Number of votes: 3
Average rating:

EPiServer Search indexing bug

Last week I got a question from a customer why they didn’t get the expected search results. A couple of issues was caused by the search index being corrupt, but they still had a a few pages that wouldn’t show up.

After looking at the actual HTML in the editor and fiddling around a bit I found out that it’s a problem with using bold ,italics and hard line breaks inside a paragraph.

Some examples:

<p><strong>some text</strong></p> here “some text” won’t get indexed.

<p><strong>some text <br /> more</strong> here neither “some text” or “more” get’s indexed.

I’ve reported it as a bug to EPiServer and it’s in the bug list 114609.

May 20, 2014

Please login to comment.