|Number of votes:||0|
Magnus Paulsson wrote a post on how to create a plugin for editing profile information which reminded me about that I tried to get that working back when CMS 5 was released. You can find Magnus post here.
I took the quick and dirty approach and simply copied the CustomUserMembership.ascx and extracted the code with reflector. I could then do some minor changes to add some additional fields.
To avoid messing with the original files I used virtualpathmappings to point to my “hack”.
This worked for CMS 5 but my guess is that’s the profile handling hasn’t changed much in CMS 6.
You can get a slightly commented version of the files here