|Number of votes:||2|
Ran into alot of problems yesterday while upgrading our website to the latest EPiServer version, CMS6 R2. The problem: I have made a custom FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider that inherits from EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider that partly stopped working. My custom querystrings was discarded and the link click rendered into a 404 visit.
After alot of head scratching and dll and config checking I digged in to the EPiServer.dll of both the new and old version (CMS 6 and R2) and compared the two classes, method by method. Finally I realized that I needed to add an override for the method TryConvertToInternal with the same functionality as in ConvertToInternal (should have been obvious but I intend to always check the easiest solutions last).
Now the pager and all the other rewrites works as expected. This might not be the correct way to handle this but from what I can tell it works as it should.
Anyone with better solutions are more then welcome to comment on this.