ElencySolutions.MultipleProperty v1.4 Released
For those of you who are interested but don’t know what ElencySolutions.MultipleProperty is, please refer to the documentation and various articles listed on codeplex.
I have recently had a couple of requests for some minor new features and during an unusually thorough testing phase I have come across a few bugs which have been fixed in this version.
- When using list based properties, a copy button can be added to allow an editor to copy an existing item.
- There are now some configuration settings that can be defined to set defaults for whether the copy property button and copy list item buttons should appear.
- MultiplePropertyBase is now Serializable
- There was a bug when using link item collections where the state of the list was not being maintained during post backs which is now fixed.
- There was a bug when editing a multiple property list with child multiple property lists. When you edit one then click the add new button, the new item contained child list items from the previously edited item.
The easiest way to install the assembly is by installing it from the EPiServer nuget feed. But if you are not down with the cool kids you can download it from codeplex. The assembly is built for EPiServer CMS 6 and onwards.
On the codeplex site you can also find some useful documentation and example code to get you familiar with what the property offers. The example code is dependent on PageTypeBuilder.
New Configuration settings
There is now a configuration section you can add to your web.config to set some default values for the MultiplePropertyEntityAttribute properties. The configuration section is not required and when installing via nuget the configuration will be added for you.
1: <configuration>2: <configSections>3: <section name="elencysolutions.multipleproperty" type="ElencySolutions.MultipleProperty.Configuration.MultiplePropertyConfiguration, ElencySolutions.MultipleProperty"/>4: </configSections>5: <elencysolutions.multipleproperty copyAsNewDefault="true" allowPropertyCopyingDefault="true" />6: </configuration
The image below shows a custom image gallery property built using multiple property.
As always feedback is greatly appreciated, if you have any suggestions for new features or changes I am happy to hear them.
Just twitter me @croweman or send me an email