IMPORTANT: .ASPX file caching/compilation issues caused by my open source assemblies
Some of us over the last few months have been experiencing issues within our EPiServer sites where when we have been changing .aspx, .ascx and other files within our web application the changes have not been reflected when viewing the pages in our web browsers.
Today I noticed an issue that was logged against my FilteredPageReference assembly http://episerverfpr.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic. which pointed at the assembly causing the compilation/caching issues we have been experiencing
The search and replace plugin I developed last year uses embedded resources and custom resource path provider classes. During development I had issues with my ResourcePathProvider class and more specifically the GetCacheDependency method within it.
I was retrieving exceptions when browsing to some of my virtual resources telling me that the folder they lived in didn’t exist. At the time to resolve the issue I created a cache dependency against the web.config.
Unfortunately the result of this has caused the issues mentioned above.
I have updated all of the projects that have been affected by the issue, new versions of the assemblies can be downloaded using the following links:
- Search and Replace Plugin
- FilteredPageReference Properties
Sorry Guys and Gals
I apologise if this has caused some of you some headaches. It certainly has caused myself and my colleagues headaches over the last few months.
What more can I say, this is software development and bugs creep in but all should be sorted now!