Views: 3399
Number of votes: 8
Average rating:

Installing Commerce using Visual Studio extensions

With the update 56, we now have support for installing both the front-end site and Commerce Manager using the Visual Studio extension.

From now on, deployment center shouldn’t be used when installing a new empty commerce site. The steps to create a new site are:

• Create a new CMS site using the visual studio extension.
  • Add the EPiServer.Commerce nuget package on the project.
  • Add the EPiServer.Commerce.UI.ManagerIntegration on the project.
  • Create a new empty asp.net project in the solution.
  • Add the EPiServer.CommerceManager nuget package on the empty asp.net project.
  • Run update-epidatabase in the package manager console.
  • Compile.
  • Start the Commerce manager site (Set as startup project, and then Ctrl+F5).
  • Run the front-end site.

As you can see, there is still some steps that needs to be performed after added a site using the Visual Studio extension, but the procedure is still much better than before. It should not take you more than 5 minutes to create a full Commerce site from Visual Studio.

To read more about how a commerce site should be installed, go to the updated installation document.

Mar 09, 2015

K Khan
(By K Khan , 3/9/2015 4:54:51 PM)

Well! Does this installation covers both MVC/Webforms aspects?

Quan Mai
(By Quan Mai, 3/9/2015 4:57:12 PM)

Yes, basically it creates a barebone Commerce site and you're free to make it MVC or Webforms specific.

K Khan
(By K Khan , 3/9/2015 5:50:44 PM)

Thanks! (may be i am asking for more :) ) It will be very helpful if we can have an extension to setup a blank windows service/console application for Integration purposes (Import Cataloag from external source, Export orders in external formats)

Regarsd
Khurram!

Quan Mai
(By Quan Mai, 3/10/2015 1:15:08 AM)

Well, in that case make sure you only install episerver.commerce.core, you should be good to go :)

K Khan
(By K Khan , 3/11/2015 11:36:14 AM)

Thanks Quan, I will give it a try in my first free time. I think you know why I have asked this question :)

mattias.lovstrom
(By mattias.lovstrom, 3/16/2015 2:43:59 PM)

Great! Thanks Jonas and the whole commerce team, it will save my day.

fredrik.haglund
(By fredrik.haglund, 4/1/2015 12:29:34 PM)

Me like!

toni
(By toni, 4/16/2015 1:27:19 AM)

Regarding Commerce integration sample project, Nicklas Israelsson have a Github project for just that [0].

[0]: http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Nicklas-Israelsson/Dates/2014/3/Introducing-EPiCommerceIntegrationSample/

Syed Shah
(By Syed Shah, 7/14/2015 1:36:40 AM)

Hi Quan,

The mdf file can only be opened on the latest version version of SQL Server. I wanted to attach the mdf file to a shared SQL Server but want not able to do so. If I create the database via deployment center then I get the database directly on that server.

Am I missing anything?