Manual Removal of MobilePack v0.4 and Update to v0.9
Based on 6 CMS R2
A lot of people are checking out the EPiServer MobilePack add-on for their initial efforts getting started in the mobile space. The latest version, Beta v0.9 adds some great enhancements and features. If you haven’t checked it out yet take a look. But what if you had already installed the Alpha v0.4 on a site? How do you remove it and update to the latest?
Below you will find manual steps to remove v0.4 and update to v0.9. I believe this should cover 98% of it. I’m leaving some room for error as I haven’t tracked exactly what goes into the database so I’ll call this the “dirty” clean up. For your demo, development, and similar environments this should work acceptably.
Remove Alpha v0.4
- Log into EPiServer Edit Mode with an appropriately privileged user (i.e. someone who can access Edit Mode ).
- Locate any areas of the tree structure where a Redirection rule has been set and navigate to the “Redirection” tab.
- Delete the Redirection rules.
- Navigate to “Visitor Groups” on the top level navigation.
- Delete the “Mobile Users” Visitor Group (otherwise you may soon find a less than pleasant error on your site).
- If you imported the MobilePack sample templates during your v0.4 setup, navigate to this area of the tree structure.
- Delete the top most mobile site node and its children.
- Navigate to your sites root directory in Windows Explorer or your preferred tool for working with the file system.
- Navigate to the “modules” directory.
- Delete the \modules\MobilePack directory.
- Navigate to the “bin” directory.
- Delete \bin\MobilePack.dll.
- Navigate to EPiServer Admin Mode with an appropriately privileged user.
- Select the “Page Type” tab.
- Locate the three [MobilePack]xxx Page Types listed under “Page Types” and any other custom ones you might have added:
- [MobilePack]Mobile Site
- [MobilePack]Standard Page
- Delete each Page Type by selecting it, its settings tab, and the associated “Delete” button.
Install Beta v0.9 and the Sample Templates
- Install MobilePack.0.9.epimodule via the compressed file option or one of the alternate methods referenced in Allan’s blog, after having downloaded it from codeplex.
- Open “MobilePack.0.9.epimodule” via WinZip, WinRar, or your preferred file compression tool.
- Rename the file extension “epimodule” to “zip” to make this easier.
- Extract the “MobilePack.episerverdata” file from the “Setup” directory.
- Navigate to the “Admin” tab in Admin Mode.
- Navigate to the “Tools” area and select “Import Data”.
- Select the “MobilePack.episerverdata” file for the Sselect an export file and upload” setting.
- Select your desired page destination for the Sample Templates for the “Select page destination” setting.
- Select the “Begin Import” button and wait for the job to complete.
Enjoy the simple power of the new version of MobilePack!