DDSAdmin for EPiServer CMS
Geta is releasing yet another great open source module for EPiServer. This latest module is create, read, update, delete(CRUD) editor for Dynamic Data Store(DDS). This is how it looks:
- Left menu displays all stores in EPiServer, except ones configured out in ‘Excluded Stores’, also it has filter(its useful in sites where DDS is heavily used)
- CRUD table using jQuery.datatables and few complimentary plugins, it has also searching, sorting and paging capabilities.
- Also CRUD table can be used as stand alone page, so you can reuse it in some other EPiServer plugins you have. When you don’t want to make your own custom UI for your DDS entities just create URL specifying store name, hidden columns(optional), custom page header and message(optional), for example from url:
……/DdsAdmin.aspx?Store=DashboardLayoutPartStore&HideColumns=0&m=Custom message&h=This is nice custom header
- Currently only InlinePropertyMap is editable all others are read-only, if you will try to save store that have other PropertyMap types it will result in error message
- When you change row with DDS Admin ItemType is changed to:
EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.PropertyBag, EPiServer.Data, Version=6.2.267.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7
The question is, is that a problem, can somebody share something, because it seems that after DDSAdmin has edited some rows they still are correctly loaded in appropriate classes.
Warning: use this module with caution, because by editing DDS one can seriously damage their EPiServer installation if used incorrectly