Bug, quick editor in Episerver 5

Quick edit doesn't work. We find out that this strange behaviour is connected with episerver file : 'Util\javascript\property.htc' which isn't attached to the side as attribute: Behaviour.

Things which we try to do :

1) Delete all ours *.js *.css files.

2)  Overwrite Episerver catalog "Utils" with new one from clean Episerver solution.

3) Assign publish role for editor.

4) Obviously we used : <EPiServer:Property ... /> control  which should be edited from view mode.

5) All episerver scripts are downloaded to browser.

I hope that this brief explanation outline the problem.

Please help!!!!!  :)

#19565 Apr 17, 2008 12:06

This issue was registered as a support case and was found to be an error in the template implementation.

DataBind() was called before base.OnLoad().

#19927 May 14, 2008 16:56
  •  
    #22509 Aug 07, 2008 11:56
  •  

Hi we have got another problem with quick edit probably i find the reason but i can't solve it. I see that by surrounding editing elements is responsible rightclickadministration.js file under the path : Util\javascript\rightclickadministration.js but he isn't downloaded.

I notice it during spy Fiddler files. During loading site scripts:

/Util/javascript/episerverscriptmanager.js 

/Util/javascript/onpageedit.js

/Util/javascript/contextmenu.js

and after click Edit on popup menu 

/Util/javascript/property.htc 

are downloaded.

It isn't connected with DataBind().

Any sugestions ?

#22512 Aug 07, 2008 12:04

Hi!

If anyone still have this problem and are running under IIS7 try to add a static file handler for the htc extension in web.config:

<add path="*.htc" verb="GET,HEAD" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer" />

#22854 Aug 19, 2008 11:43

I've also traced the error to this point. Problem is that adding the path doesnt help and we'rent overriding onload with our template implementation. Still the bug is there. If I run the Demo site  (which uses the same util folder due cms5 r2) then it works like a charm. 
    #28684 Mar 18, 2009 11:16