|Number of votes:||2|
Enabling gadget development quickly
Preparing your project for gadget development is as simple as tweaking a few xml files. In fact, it’s so easy even a machine can do it if you download and execute the following file through Deployment Center:
What does it this do?
1. It alters PublicTemplates.csproj:
* Adds references to System.Web.Mvc.dll and EPiServer.Shell.dll (these contain classes you need doing gadgets)
* Adds the ASP.NET MVC project type guid (this enables the Visual Studio tooling)
* Alters the project to include gadget example
2. It copies a simple gadget example to the project folder.
3. It modifies web.config registering EPiServer.Templates.Public as a public module.
What doesn’t it do?
It doesn’t install ASP.NET MVC (this needs to be installed separately)
What if something goes wrong?
Squeak here below and I’ll try to help.
Where can I get it?
Please login to comment.