Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

workflow tutorial anyone?

Vote:

Hello, i've read the workflow documentation in the SDK and it's mostly a reference to the diffrent elements in the workflow functionality in EPiServer CMS. Does anyone have a tutorial for how to build a simple workflow for EPiServer CMS?
May 04, 2007 14:22
Vote:

Seen this: http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Documentation/Articles/Development/Creating-and-Using-a-Workflow-in-EPiServer-CMS/ ? /Steve
May 04, 2007 14:53
Vote:

Hi Steve!

That link is broken.. It's not the first one I see in this forum.. :) Any idea why? 

Apr 23, 2009 12:31
Vote:

The correct link to the article referred to is this one:

http://world.episerver.com/en/Articles/Items/Creating-and-Using-a-Workflow-in-EPiServer-CMS-5-R1/

The article was moved from our previous knowledge base into EPiServer World.

Apr 23, 2009 12:36
Vote:

Thanks! 

Maybe you should have installed https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/wiki/404Handler :)

Apr 23, 2009 14:40
Vote:

Hi I need sample workflow for 3 lavel i am giving my requirement over here help me Asap.

Author------>Content Approver----------->Publisher

Author can create only page then Approver can only approve that page and Publisher will published that page.

So please help me asap I am strugling with last 3days i am not able to figure out. I got that code sample workflow solutin but its not working properly...

Thnaks in Advanced

Anup Ghosh

Nov 09, 2009 8:30
Vote:

Hey Anup

Did you manage to create your 3 level workflow ?

Thanks

Minesh

Jul 15, 2010 15:49
Vote:

Yes I have done. It is working fine for me.

Jul 16, 2010 6:36
Vote:

Hi Anup

Would we be able to discuss this 3 level workflow a little further. My email address is minesh.shah@netcel.com.

Regards

Minesh 

Jul 23, 2010 11:11
Vote:

There will be three step when we will publish one page and availble into the web application which is then only visible.
Author------> Approver----->Publisher.

and for each lavel auto mate mail communication shoul be there. Task will created autometicaly.

Each level will start when the prevoius level been completed

Jul 23, 2010 11:51
Vote:

There will be three step when we will publish one page and availble into the web application which is then only visible.
Author------> Approver----->Publisher.

and for each lavel auto mate mail communication shoul be there. Task will created autometicaly.

Each level will start when the prevoius level been completed

Jul 23, 2010 11:52
Vote:

Does your approver have to have publish rights for this workflow to work. We tried using out of the box Parallel approvel although if one of the users does not have publish rights the workflow does not work correctly.

Jul 23, 2010 11:54
Vote:

no approver dont have publish right. but u can give that riht because i have check it thin he will approved and as well as he aill publishe the page

Jul 23, 2010 12:03
Vote:

Hey anup thanks, is there anychance you can send me the source of your workflow as we are tying to do something similar and the out of the box workflows just are not working as we want them to.

The author checks in a page, the approver only authorises the page and the last step would be for someone to actually accept and publish. The approver in the middle does not have publish rights.

Cheers

Minesh

Jul 23, 2010 12:06
Vote:

r u trying for 3 lavel workflow or something else could u plz explain....

Jul 23, 2010 12:07
Vote:

Yes we are trying for 3 level similar to how your diagram is. Author (Check's in Page) ---> Approver (Approves page / Declines Page) ---> Publisher (Has the final say if the page should be published or not).

Approver and Publisher will be different users and the approver must not have publish rights.

Regards

Minesh

Jul 23, 2010 12:10
Vote:

in this senario i can suggest u no need to give publish right to the approver and middle lavel like approver then last group which u can say publ;ish group can have publish right only.

Regards

Anup

Jul 23, 2010 12:11
Vote:

I think ur reqmnt is like me but i cant share source code bt i can give u idea because company policy i cant share the code sory to say u. if any idea u need plz let me know...

Jul 23, 2010 12:14
Vote:

Hi Anup.

We tried this using both parallel and sequenctial approvel, although if one of the people who are approving the pages does not have publish rights the workflow does not work correctly. This is why I was interested in your custom 3 level workflow which you have developed.

That is fine I completly understand about sharing source code and it not being possible as we would also be in the same situation. This work was only for proof of concept and just wanted to make sure it was possible before I continued.

Thanks for your help.

Minesh

Minesh

Jul 23, 2010 12:18
Vote:

just follow the sample workflow which have geveen from episerver side developed two more user control for approver and publisher follow the existing user control and do the operation. I think I have geiven you the path follw the sample workflow you will understand properly Ithink so. create all controll and neccessary class file for the approver & publisher, and if you developed properly then when you are going to deploy into the epi server side there we can see 3 levels of user

1. Author

2. Approver.

3. Publisher.

if it is through then almost you have done..

If any help let me know....

Regards

Anup

Jul 23, 2010 13:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.