Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Warning when exporting xform data to excel

Vote:

When using Office 2007 a customer receives an error message when exporting XForm posted data to excel. "The file you are trying to open, '[filename]', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?"

According to http://www.grinn.net/blog/dev/2008/06/file-you-are-trying-to-open-is-in.html this is a "feature" of Excel 2007. However, the customer does not experience this with their EPiServer 4.61 site, only in CMS5 R2. Is that just a fluke or can I do something to prevent the warning?

Apr 27, 2009 10:57
Vote:

Hi

If your customer uses Vista he can get some problems if he installs the Client Component with UAC turn off. The component will then be installed by a user who is not in the context of being an administrator. The component will actually not be installed even if it looks that way. The solution is to turn on UAC, boot machine, install component, turn off uac, boot machine. (Maybe even just rightclick the component and choose "run as administrator")

I don't know if this is your problem, but it is worth checking.

Andreas 

Apr 27, 2009 16:14
Vote:

I checked with the customer and they are using Windows XP / Office 2007, so UAC is not the issue, I'm sorry to say. But could it somehow be the episerver office integration?

Apr 29, 2009 9:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.