Upgrading to EPiServer 7 Connect for SharePoint
Upgrading the EPiServer CMS side:
- Open EPiServer Deployment Center.
- Run: Upgrade to EPiServer 7 Connect for SharePoint
- Follow the installer instructions.
Upgrading the Microsoft SharePoint solution:
- Uninstall the previous solution version as described in Installation instructions under Uninstalling the SharePoint Solution
- Install the new solution by following the steps described in the Installation instructions under Deploying the SharePoint Solution.
Note: Channels configuration in the new version of SharePoint solution is stored in database instead of XML file, so it needs to be reconfigured after upgrade. The old channels configuration file: EPiServerSharePointConnector.config can be removed. You can find it at <drive>\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\<port> (<drive> is the drive where IIS is installed and <port> is the port number for the web application, for example: 80). You can also remove a reference to the configuration file from the web.config located in the same folder. The reference you can find in configuration/appSettings with key EPiServerConnectorConfigRelativePath.
Document last saved: February 27, 2013