Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Community Partitioning

Vote:

While I was viewing the forums, I have come across the concept of Community Partitioning. For my project, I want to create clubs, forums in episerver community but for different languages. I think community partioning will do the work but can anyone please tell me how to implement this or is there any specfic document on community partitioning where I can refer? Can also tell me why do we use this and what are the benefits ?

Jul 15, 2009 7:12
Vote:

I suggest you take a look at the ISite interface in the SDK, or more interestingly, where it is used. You can use SiteHandler to get the ISite object corresponding to a specific site that you have configured in the System Settings - Websites section of the community administration. Then use this object when getting and saving objects like clubs and forums (most *Handler get/save methods have an overload taking an ISite object) to utilize the partitioning.
Jul 16, 2009 19:43
Vote:

Thanks.

But can you tell me what are the benefits for Community Partitioning and how useful it will be? I try to search for this on net and I couldnt find out much on it.

Can you help me on this? 

Jul 19, 2009 4:16
Vote:

I haven't used it myself, so perhaps someone with experience has more input. I can imagine it being used to display/hide content depending on a users language preferences, or to create multiple communities (for example for different departments within a company) with a common user database as well as some global content.

Jul 20, 2009 15:23
Vote:

Thanks Magnus for the reply.

If that is the case, we can also achieve the same thing with Clubs in relate plus based on your idea.

Is it so? 

Jul 21, 2009 7:43
Vote:

Relate+ is EPiServer Community, so you can use site partitioning. But beware that the number of sites available is a licence thing. At least the old pre-Relate+ entry licenses included only one site apart from the Global site.
Jul 21, 2009 16:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.