Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Image Editor crasches

Vote:

Hi,

I don't get the Image Editor in R2 to work properly. The dialog pops up and then it crashes with "An error occured. Close Image Editor?" before the image is loaded. 

I enabled debug logging, and this is what is looks like.

2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Reading string...

2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: Parse: IN: url = pipe://_LM_W3SVC_145286344_root/Callback.rem
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: Parse: OUT: pipename = _LM_W3SVC_145286344_root, objuri = Callback.rem
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Reading ushort...
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Reading string...
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Reading ushort...
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Read stream...
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Read stream len 187
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Write string
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Write ushort 65442
2008-11-06 11:44:25,767 INFO [PipeServerChannel.ServerMain] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: 9936> Write stream 377
2008-11-06 11:44:26,220 DEBUG [5] EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModuleBase.BeginRequestEventHandler - Starting request with Url http://localhost/hui/Edit/ImageEditor/RenderImage.ashx?zoom=75&quality=65&img=&commands=
2008-11-06 11:44:26,220 DEBUG [5] EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModule.HttpUrlRewriteToInternal - Url is not valid for rewrite. Returning URL http://localhost/hui/Edit/ImageEditor/RenderImage.ashx?zoom=75&quality=65&img=&commands=
2008-11-06 11:44:26,220 DEBUG [5] EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModuleBase.BeginRequestEventHandler - Exiting with no rewrite, Url is http://localhost/hui/Edit/ImageEditor/RenderImage.ashx?zoom=75&quality=65&img=&commands=
2008-11-06 11:44:26,220 ERROR [5] EPiServer.Global.Global_Error - 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: virtualPath
at System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options)
at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualFile..ctor(String virtualPath)
at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathProvider.GetFile(String virtualPath)
at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider.GetFile(String virtualPath)
at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider.GetFile(String virtualPath)
at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider.GetFile(String virtualPath)
at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider.GetFile(String virtualPath)
at EPiServer.UI.Edit.ImageEditor.RenderImage.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
2008-11-06 11:44:32,455 INFO [12] Microsoft.Samples.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Pipe.DBG.Info - 18.3.1 Scheduler info: PipeConnectionPoolManagerCallback

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas 

Nov 06, 2008 11:56
Vote:

Hi there,

I got some trouble as well and it turned out to be the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar.

So in case you have the toolbar as well try to deinstall to see if it is the cause of your trouble.

/René

Nov 06, 2008 12:15
Vote:

did you check access rights to the vpp folders?
Nov 06, 2008 12:55
Vote:

I don't have the Developer toolbar installed.

I also tried with the "Everyone - Full Control" approach for the VPP folders. 

Nov 06, 2008 12:58
Vote:

I did some digging with Reflector, seems like it's the empty img-parameter to the httphandler is causing the exception. 

http://localhost/hui/Edit/ImageEditor/RenderImage.ashx?zoom=75&quality=65&img=&commands= 

Why it's empty I have no idea. The "..." button for the file is actually doing nothing on my local workstation, but it works on my test server. Either way, it doesn't matter if I select a file in the dialog or typing in a path in the input field. The image in the panel is still broken and the  "An error occured. Close Image Editor?" still pops up.

When the file manager works, the dialog pops up just after selecting a file. If I type the path manually into the input field, the dialog pops up after trying to change zoom level (which obviously would trigger a postback). 

/ Thomas

Nov 06, 2008 13:21
Vote:

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I am having the same problem. On my development machine there are no issues with the image editor, but on the production server I'm not getting the Filemanager to pop up from the Image Editor.

Jan 02, 2009 11:11
Vote:

We're experiencing the exact same problem and working to resolve it. We're able to select a file, but as soon as we click OK the error dialog pops up.

UPDATE:
It seems that removing the following from web.config resolves the problem:
<add name="udpTransport" type="Microsoft.ServiceModel.Samples.UdpTransportElement, EPiServer.Implementation" />

However, not really sure what other side-effects that will have...

When the Image Editor tries to load the image through the RenderImage.ashx handler is throws the following exception:

ConfigurationErrorsException: An extension of name 'udpTransport' already appears in extension collection. Extension names must be unique.

If you rename it you'll get the following exception instead:

An extension of type 'Microsoft.ServiceModel.Samples.UdpTransportElement, EPiServer.Implementation' already appears in extension collection. Extension types must be unique.

Edited, Jan 15, 2009 10:11
Vote:

Was this issue ever resolved?

On my customer's production site, the File Manager pops up fine, but when an image has been selected, the dialog "An error occurred. Close image editor?" appears.

By selecting "Cancel" on the error message and then "OK", the image will show up fine on the page, but I would really like the editor to work.

I have tried Ted Nyberg's suggestion with removing the UdpTransportElement entry from web.config, but this made no difference on my site.

EDIT: Ted's solution works after all. He just forgot to mention that you also have to comment out the other line where UdpTransport is mentioned:

<udpTransport multicast="true">

After commenting out this line, image editor works again.

Edited, Mar 27, 2009 12:18
Vote:

We're experiencing the same problem. The image editor crashes as soon as we've chosen a file and clicked ok.

I've commented out the two udpTransport things in web.config, but it didn't make any difference.

Jun 05, 2009 12:56
Vote:

Got the same problem today

this is the error from log

2009-08-20 15:41:40,088 ERROR [5] EPiServer.UI.Edit.ImageEditor.Core.ImageServiceClient.RenderImage - Exception calling ImageService RenderImage method System.TypeInitializationException: Ett undantagsfel uppstod för typinitieraren för . ---> .ModuleLoadException: The C++ module failed to load.  ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Det gick inte att läsa in DLL-filen MSVCR80.dll: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Undantag från HRESULT: 0x8007045A)    vid clock()    vid ?A0xe96b2b07.clock_wrapper()    vid .LanguageSupport._Initialize(LanguageSupport* )    vid .LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )    --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---    vid .LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )    vid .cctor()    --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---    vid EPiServer.ImageLibrary.ImageService.RenderImage(Byte[] imageBuffer, IEnumerable`1 operations, String mimeType, Single zoomFactor, Int32 jpegQuality)    vid EPiServer.UI.Edit.ImageEditor.Core.ImageServiceClient.RenderImage(Byte[] imageBuffer, IEnumerable`1 operations, String mimeType, Single zoomFactor, Int32 jpegQuality) 2009-08-20 15:41:40,103 ERROR [5] EPiServer.Global.Global_Error - 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.    vid EPiServer.UI.Edit.ImageEditor.RenderImage.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)    vid System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()    vid System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)  

I've tried commented out the  two udpTransport things in web.config and the cancel error dialog disapears but the images is not showing in the imageeditor

Aug 20, 2009 16:01
Vote:

Now I get a CPU peak to 100% everytime I try to use the ImageEditor and I must reset the IIS

Anyone got this error?

Sep 01, 2009 11:24
Vote:

We reInstalled All .Net frameworks on the server and it sloved the imageEditor CPU peak problem!

Seems like a standard server update did something on the server

But be aware that the IIS can lose .NET configurations and needs to be reconfigured with the wildcardmaping and things like that

Best regards
jesper

Sep 17, 2009 10:36
Vote:

We're having the same problem. I've commented out the udpTransports, which didn't help.

Do you have any other ideas? Running R2 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 x64.

------------------------
<system.serviceModel>
    <extensions>
      <bindingElementExtensions>
          <!--
        <add name="udpTransport" type="Microsoft.ServiceModel.Samples.UdpTransportElement, EPiServer.Implementation" />
        -->
      </bindingElementExtensions>
    </extensions>
    <services>

-------------------------

<binding name="RemoteEventsBinding">
   <binaryMessageEncoding />
        <!--
          <udpTransport multicast="True" />
          -->
 </binding>

Oct 19, 2009 9:21
Vote:

Does your CPU peaks or is just det ImageEditor that don't work?

do you have the httpHandler for *.ashx in your web.config?

<add path="*.ashx" verb="*" type="System.Web.UI.SimpleHandlerFactory" validate="true" />

Oct 19, 2009 10:16
Vote:

No, the ImageEditor crashes.

I got the handler for ashx under both location /util and for /ui.

Oct 19, 2009 10:25
Vote:

can you access the http://www.yoursite.se/UI/Edit/ImageEditor/RenderImage.ashx?zoom=100&quality=65&img=/Global/yourimage.jpg&commands=

and look in the log and see if you can se any error

Oct 19, 2009 10:47
Vote:

No, I can't access it. It works when I open the file directly http://www.yoursite.se/global/yourimage.jpg

2009-10-19 10:55:36,922 ERROR [6] EPiServer.UI.Edit.ImageEditor.Core.ImageServiceClient.RenderImage - Exception calling ImageService RenderImage method
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '' threw an exception. ---> .ModuleLoadException: The C++ module failed to load during appdomain initialization.
---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified module could not be found
at CModuleInitialize.LoadWpfGfx(CModuleInitialize* )
at CModuleInitialize.{ctor}(CModuleInitialize* )
at ?A0x0b283f3b.??__E?A0x0b283f3b@cmiStartupRunner@@YMXXZ()
at _initterm_m((fnptr)* pfbegin, (fnptr)* pfend)
at .LanguageSupport.InitializePerAppDomain(LanguageSupport* )
at .LanguageSupport._Initialize(LanguageSupport* )
at .LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at .LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )
at .cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at EPiServer.ImageLibrary.ImageService.RenderImage(Byte[] imageBuffer, IEnumerable`1 operations, String mimeType, Single zoomFactor, Int32 jpegQuality)
at EPiServer.UI.Edit.ImageEditor.Core.ImageServiceClient.RenderImage(Byte[] imageBuffer, IEnumerable`1 operations, String mimeType, Single zoomFactor, Int32 jpegQuality)
2009-10-19 10:55:36,922 ERROR [6] EPiServer.Global.Global_Error - 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EPiServer.UI.Edit.ImageEditor.RenderImage.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Oct 19, 2009 10:57
Vote:

Testing, does this appear? My last three posts doesn't show up in the forum, but I get a confirmation by email that I have posted Undecided
Oct 19, 2009 12:17
Vote:

Your post shows up on the next page...

Hmm not exactly the same error that we had
Have you done some updates on the server before this error started?

could it be access problem to the image editor?

The best is to talk about this with the EpiSupport and show them your log

Oct 19, 2009 12:21
Vote:

Doh! Embarassed

It's a newly installed server with the latest patches.

I have a case with EpiSupport. They got my logs and my config files. They have given me the same advices that exists in this thread.

I will check if theres a problem with accessing the image editor.

Thank you for your help
/Markus

Oct 19, 2009 12:31
Vote:

I has this same issue, I commented out the web.config items mentioned above

And

<udpTransport multicast="True" />

I was also getting the an error on the extendedProtectionPolicy element not being valid (which could possibly be a Windows 7 issue) so I commented this out too,

<extendedProtectionPolicy policyEnforcement="Never" />

Everything now works,

More info on the extendedProtectionPolicy here
http://blogs.msdn.com/drnick/archive/2009/07/28/stumbling-on-extended-protection-policy.aspx

Mar 23, 2010 11:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.