Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Just curious: is it possible to use EpiServer with Sqlite instead of SQL Server?

Vote:

Just curious is it possible to use Sqlite instead of SQL Server? any migration scripts for existing systems?

Dec 12, 2014 11:21
Vote:

MS SQL Server is required. It's a matter of both required features and differing SQL dialects.

Dec 12, 2014 17:34
Vote:

How I understand Sql Compact should be sufficient than. On database level I see only tables, view and several stored procedures (which btw will be quite easy to replace by c# code)... 

Sqlite of course will be good to have too...

On my opinion simple migration of episerevr to any ORM that supports multiple databases will only benefit CMS.

Dec 15, 2014 10:52
Vote:

Might not be exactly what you're looking for but you can store the content of pages in a different store, for example RavenDB - by creating a custom Content Provider. 

Dec 18, 2014 9:38
Vote:

Thanks, good to know all possible options!

Dec 18, 2014 14:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.