Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForm not submitting

Vote:

Hi there,

This was the first time that I have added a XForms template in CMS5 - as our other websites that have XForms are CMS4 - therefore I don't have a working example.

I downloaded the Public Package with the Xforms template example and the Xform is displayed correctly - however when the submit button is clicked (which is setup to send an email and then redirect to another page) it doesn't work, it just performs a postback.

The event that is assigned to the AfterSubmitPostedData property of the FormControl is not fired when the button is clicked - the button does however cause a postback. The FormControl.FormDefinition.IsSent property after the submit button is clicked is false which is why I presuming the AfterSubmitPostedData event isn't triggered?

Below is the definition of the submit button:

<input class="xFormButton" type="submit" onclick="WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions("ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderContent$ContentPlaceHolderContent$XForm1$FormControl$ctl00", "", true, "", "", false, false))" name="ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderContent$ContentPlaceHolderContent$XForm1$FormControl$ctl00" value="Submit Query"/> 

Any help would be appreciated Smile

Jan 11, 2009 23:29
Vote:

Hi,

Are you sure the problem isn't in your smtp settings?

/Mattias 

Jan 12, 2009 10:59
Vote:

You don't have a field that you've set to be required but is empty?
Jan 12, 2009 15:31
Vote:

or maybe the javascript function WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions dosnt exists. check the rest of your html code. Have happened me when I was a bit to clever with some cacheing :)

If the  javascript isnt there you can as a quick fix add a asp:Linkbutton in your masterpage. that will add javascript function.

Jan 12, 2009 19:58
Vote:

Hi there,

thanks for the responses - as it turns out it was my SMTP settings, thanks Mattias.

Jan 13, 2009 3:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.