Last updated: Aug 29 2018
Getting started with Insight
Episerver Insight is the user interface for viewing and filtering visitor profiles, and creating segments to be used as in omnichannel marketing campaigns. Visitor interaction data such as viewing a product, adding a product to a wishlist, or placing an order, is tracked and saved in Episerver Profile Store.
1. Before you begin
2. Install and configure Insight
As part of the onboarding, Episerver will send the required configuration keys and credentials to the technical contact for your project. Use the keys to install and configure the tracking for your websites. Contact Episerver for questions regarding the onboarding process.
- EPiServer.Profiles.Client. Main package for tracking of an Episerver site to Profile Store.
- EPiServer.Profiles.Client.Common. Common classes used by other packages.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Core. Generic package for tracking.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Cms. CMS integration for tracking.
- EPiServer.Insight.UI. Main package for adding the Episerver Insight user interface.
- EPiServer.Insight.Cms. CMS integration for Insight.
3. View profiles
Profiles are aggregated using tracking events with the same device ID and/or same email address. You can view generated profiles, or drill into individual profiles. See also Episerver Insight user guide.