Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deleting Page Types safely

Vote:

A few questions:

1. Is it possible to delete page types from CMS -> Admin -> Content Type?  I am using an admin account with full permissions and am not seeing a delete button when looking at the properties for a specific page type.

2. How can I see a list of pages (by page name) that are currently using a specific Page Type?
Jun 13, 2018 17:17
Vote:

Hi Evan,

Yes, it is possible to delete page types from admin but only under certain circumstances. In order to delete a page type, the following must be true:

• The type must not exist in your code (either because it's been manually created in the admin section in the first place or the model has subsequently been removed from your code)
  • The type must not be in use by any content items

If those requirements are met, you should be able to find the delete button by clicking on "settings" on the type.

To see a list of pages by type you could create a plugin to pull that information out programmatically though, as luck would have it, Nicola Ayan has done the hard work for you here:

https://blog.nicolaayan.com/2018/05/episerver-cms-audit-nuget-package/

Alternatively, if you are using Find on your site, you can look at the contents of the index from Find > Overview > Explore.

Jun 14, 2018 11:22
Vote:

Thanks Paul!

I installed the plugin and it seems to be working great!

Jun 14, 2018 17:43
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.