Note: This topic has no later version.
This document introduces the Enterprise features of EPiServer CMS. EPiServer CMS is designed for allowing a multitude of editors to create content right at the source of information. With EPiServer CMS, enterprises can manage multiple sites from a single instance of EPiServer CMS, sharing for instance page types, files, categories and dynamic content between websites.
From one single instance, system administrators can control what editor groups can do where on the websites, and in which languages. A comprehensive audit trail and version history is maintained. EPiServer CMS allows for large scale management of multiple sites in a globalized environment, with numerous possibilities for integration and availability optimization.
- Multi-Site Management is for large enterprises, EPiServer CMS offers multi-site support from one place where you can access site information and add new sites to your primary website.
- Custom Content Providers provides enterprises with a flexible way of connecting an EPiServer CMS site to an external data store, for integration of information.
- Database Support is based on widely used Microsoft databases for high performance needs, EPiServer CMS ensures easy integration with other enterprise systems.
- Load-Balancing supports load-balancing where the workload is distributed over several servers, providing fail-over protection and minimizing response times.
- Staging provides a secure environment for testing and content production, before publishing to a public delivery environment.