Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Subscription emails not sent for users until they are changed

Vote:

In a site migrated from 4.62 to 5R2SP1 the subscriptions are not working. If I change a page under a subscritpion root, and manually trigger the subscription, the result message states that 108 emails were sent, but when I look in the pickup folder (SMTP disabled) there are only two mails.

Since those two emails were addressed to my test users which I have been changing I tried to change the e-mail address (from admin) of an other user with subscription and repeated the test with changing a page and triggering the subscription. Boom! Three e-mails in the pickup folder, including one to the user I just changed.

Any ideas what I should be looking for here?

May 05, 2009 21:48
Vote:

Solved it. Apparently the users who did not receive an e-mail (even though they were counted as sent) did not have their EPiServerProfile.Email property filled, only the membership e-mail address (available through EmailWithMembershipFallback property). I guess the subscription handler uses the Email property. By looping through all users and setting Email = EmailWithMembershipFallback the problem disappeared and the expected number of emails were sent.
May 06, 2009 7:06
Vote:

This sounds related to a problem I'm having and have not managed to find a solution.  

I've posted a reply there as it details the circumstances more and also has testimony from another user to the same effect.

http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=29569&epslanguage=en 

My question here is can you detail some code to do the looping through of the  Email=EmailWithMembershipFallback.

Please also read the other thread as I discuss more about possible solutions to have the createuserwizard get everything sorted correctly for future registrations.

Jul 01, 2009 0:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.