Last updated: Jan 07 2019
Episerver - update 246
New releases of Episerver CMS UI (add comments on a content item), Episerver Forms (improved WCAG AA level compliance), and Episerver Commerce (including a critical fix). Bug fixes for Episerver Find for Commerce, Episerver Content Delivery API, and Episerver Profile Store.
The update applies to Episerver projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. Episerver supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date. You can install the updates from the Episerver NuGet feed.
This release information lists updated main package versions for the Episerver platform. When a release is built, other dependent packages also may be bumped to new versions, although they contain no publicly visible changes. This is done to avoid dependency errors. When you upgrade, NuGet alerts you to upgrade related packages to the required versions. For Commerce, it is important to ensure that you are running the same version of CMS and Commerce, both in the front-end and back-end applications.
Updated main packages
Click a package in the list to see work item details.
Episerver CMS UI
- CMS-12446: Add comments on a content item
To make content collaboration and communication easier, editors can now add and view comments on content items, even if the items are not associated with a project. The commenting functionality is accessed via a new commenting pane in the user interface. The pane is toggled with a button in the toolbar . See also Ben McKernan's blog post, Comments for content, for more information.
Episerver Content Delivery API
- COM-7953: CSR UI: Edit customer information (Beta)
In the new Customer Service interface, you can edit the information about an existing customer. For example, you can update customer name, email, customer group, as well as manage shipping and billing addresses.
- COM-7114: GDPR: Support personalization service 1.4
The personalization service is being upgraded from version 1.3 to 1.4, with improved GDPR support. The Commerce integration is being updated to support this version.
For more information, see User identification, and two new attributes in Installing and configuring the native integration package: SkipUserHostTracking and UsePseudonymousUserId.
Episerver Profile Store
- AFORM-937: Improved WCAG AA level compliance
This story makes forms more user-friendly and accessible, specifically level AA of WCAG compliance.
- Update 218 included breaking changes for Service API 5.
- Update 210 included breaking changes for Commerce 12 and Spellchecker for TinyMCE 2.
- Update 208 included breaking changes for Episerver Find 13.
- Update 189 included breaking changes for Episerver CMS 11.
- For previous notifications, see update 188.
- Release notes. Latest changes with work item details.
- New features in Episerver. Summary of new functionality.
- Installing Episerver updates. Adding the NuGet feed and installing updates.
- Episerver Beta features. About Beta releases and how to enable them.
- The Episerver continuous release process. About continuous releases and deployment.