Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Composer Edit on page crashes

Vote:

I'm in the process of getting composer up and running on our site under development.

I had installed a site with database, without public templates first. A basic CMS 5 R2 SP1 site, created some basic page templates and sorted out the design in a master page etc. Then, following the installation procedure, I installed the public templates, then installed composer both using episerver deployment center.

The final step of the installation procedure i skipped, because i couldnt find the xml file to import or the option to import under the specified location.

Anyhow, when I try to register a page type as a composer page type, the content area is registered. But if i create a page using this page type, and go into Edit-on-page, there are a number of script errors and i get an operation aborted-message and the page loading stops. The script errors on the page seem to happen all in contextmenu.js. Also, there are script errors before i enter edit on page-mode, for instance, the element "Edit on page" appears twice in the context menu.In firefox edit on page loads, but the toolbox is gone and I get two script errors stating too much recursion. 

The template  im trying to use as a composer page type only has a @Page directive with a master page specified, an asp:content with a extension:extensioncontentarea. the codebehind-file inherits from Dropit.Extension.Core.ExtensionBaseTemplate, like in the get started-guide.

The URL that is accessed when i try to enter edit on page is:

http://localhost:17000/Privat/Test/?idkeep=True&DE_VM=8&DE_LNK=83_154&DE_RND=1833433872&id=83_154 

Id dearly appreciate  any pointers on how to proceed with this.

br

Jørgen  

May 12, 2009 14:13
Vote:

Hi Jorgen

I have some questions:

Did you compile your project with the composer in .net 3.5 environment?

What kind of javascript errror message did you get?

Are you running ii6 or ii7?, if ii7 on vista, how the section <system.webServer> in your web.config look like?

/Regards.

Hieu Doan.

May 14, 2009 9:52
Vote:

Hi

We've managed to resolve this. We had managed to download an installation package for composer called Extension_v3.2.5.1 removing this, and downloading and installing Composer_v3.2.5 fixed the issue. I have no idea how we found that file, though.

Jørgen 

May 25, 2009 9:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.