Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

guide how to enable search on files

Vote:

Hi

I need to allow users to search PDF , powerpoint and other files which was uploaded to the document folder.

this files might have reference from pages in the site but might NOT have refernces from the site.

The user must be able to search this files regardless the fact that they have or dont have refernces from the site.

How can it be done ?

Thanks

Nov 19, 2008 14:43
Vote:

Hi Arik.

Here is a guide to enable search on files: http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=20353.

This will solve your first problem.  I don`t understand your second problem though. Could you explain more?

Hope this helps!

BR, Tore 

Nov 19, 2008 15:26
Vote:

Thanks Tore

When trying to work according to the steps mentioned in the guide , i get this error when trying to disble/enable/view configuration of the indexing in the manager

"cannot find any configuration file for episerver indexing service"

My indexing service is working and has a config file in "C:\Program Files\EPiServer\Shared\Services\Indexing Service"

I'm using EPIServer CMS 5R2 site and my manager is 2.0.19.8 version

Thanks

Arik

Nov 20, 2008 10:16
Vote:

Hi Arik.

Have you read the last post by Nicklas? If you are using R2, you can not use the manager anymore.

Br, Tore 

Nov 21, 2008 8:48
Vote:

Thanks Tore

I'll give it a new try

Nov 22, 2008 6:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.