Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Redirect from form after submit not working

Vote:

I have a problem with our site when it comes to the built-in redirection setting. I've selected a page that the users should be directed to after the submitting of the form, but it doesn't work. The form itself works, and no error message is shown, but you're still at the form page after clicking submit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

May 19, 2009 15:35
Vote:

CMS 5 R2 (or above)? If so, you'll need to add some xform handling to your global.asax.cs. You can copy the global clss included in the public template package.

Also, if you're trying to send mails from the form when posting, make sure your mail settings are correct.

May 19, 2009 15:52
Vote:

Thanks for your reply Greger.

It's CMS 5 R2. As a newbie I don't know what handling to add and where to find the public template package. :/ Could you elaborate?

The mails are sent OK, it's just the fact that you're stuck in the form that's the problem.

May 26, 2009 10:28
Vote:

You should already have hte public templates ready for install in your Deployment Center. However, since you only need the global.asax.cs you can copy it from C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.7\Install\Modules\PublicTemplates.
May 26, 2009 10:44
Vote:

HI Magnus,

Can u tell me how u extracted the control values in XForm?Actually i am facing problems with this concept of extracting values.

Jul 11, 2011 7:35
Vote:

@Murali: XForms are normally created and used by editors without any work of the developers even though there are cases where you as a developer would like to alter the form or catch submissions. Please read the editors manual to get some knowledge about how XForms are used.

Jul 11, 2011 8:11
Vote:

Hi Linus,

i fixed the issue.....i can able to extract the XForm controls values

Jul 26, 2011 10:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.