Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search in File Manager not working

Vote:

The file manager works, but i can not search. When selecting, for example, "Search locations: Documents (/SomeSite/Documents/)" and click "Search" I get the following error message: "VirtualPathProvider 'SiteDocuments', Search Error: C:\Inetpub\CMSAssets\Documents\index not a directory" I tried different configurations in web.config but with no success. Help would be appreciated! /Jonas
Feb 08, 2008 11:39
Vote:

I've just installed a testsite with the public templates. When I try the search funticon i get the same error but for a different folder:

C:\EPiServer\VPP\MyEPiServerSite\Global\index not a directory

The public templates uses

SearchDataSource.SearchLocations = "~/Global/,~/Documents/,~/PageFiles/";

But something is clearly wrong.

Feb 04, 2009 15:21
Vote:

Hi

To be able to search in the file system the we use the EPiServer indexing service. The indexing service will create a folder called index where it will store a few files with the indexed data. It's that folder that seems to be missing.

So, my guess is that EPiServers indexing service is not configured for those folders. Check the file *Program Files*\EPiServer\Shared\Services\Indexing Service\EPiServer.IndexingService.exe.config (the location might vary depending on version of EPiServer CMS).

The section episerver.indexingService\indexes should contain registrations for the different folders. A registration should be on this form:

<add connectionString="Data Source=.\sqlexpress;Database=myDB;User Id=username;Password=password;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;" databaseClient="" filePath="C:\Inetpub\CMSAssets\Documents\index " itemRoot="/Documents" />

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer CMS development team

Feb 05, 2009 9:08
Vote:

I played around a bit and it seems that you have to stop and restart the indexing service before it starts indexing new content for another site.

Edited, Feb 05, 2009 14:24
Vote:

I did try restart the service but ended up with no result. Is there something else that may be bothering the service?

Feb 02, 2017 16:45
Vote:

Eric: Are you not getting the service to start indexing, or did it index but is returning no results?

Feb 07, 2017 15:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.