Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Having trouble installing the demo

Vote:

Hi,

I've been trying to install a demo version of Community on my machine to see how it works with CMS 5, but I'm having trouble getting it working.

I've followed the intructions on EPiServer World and used the Deployment Center to create a new Community site and database. When I try to navigate to the site in my browser initially I'm gettinga "Failed to connect" error in Firefox.

Looking in IIS, there are no .NET framework references other than wildcard mapping in 'Configuration' under the Home Directory tab.

If I set the application to be .NET 1.1, then back to .NET 2.0 all the references to the .NET 2.0 dlls are created.

Only then is the site viewable from my browser.

Am I overcomplicating things here? Seems likeI am!

Feb 18, 2009 11:05
Vote:

I've got the demo working now without the CMS integration.

I wasn't going to the correct port when navigating to the site. But I've got another problem when trying to install CMS integration.

When I install CMS integration into one of my community test sites I get the following error (below)

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Also - am I meant to be installing a seperate CMS 5 instance for the community site to sit under, or is it okay to just install a Community site with CMS integration? The installation instructions aren't particularly clear.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. 
Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information
Edited, Feb 18, 2009 18:19
Vote:

The way it's meant to be used is to install the CMS integration if Community is installed on a site that has EPiServer CMS installed.

If CMS is not installed, the CMS integration should not be installed. (But perhaps the installer allows for this?)

/Håkan

Feb 25, 2009 9:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.