Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Possible Composer installation issues

Vote:

Hello

So i have a customer with an existing project that that uses CMS version 6 R2 and Composer 4 R2. I'm new at EPiserver so was experiancing some problems from the start.

After i downloaded Composer 4 R2 (4.1) i think i first choose the site and the Upgrade to Composer 4.1 and there was no problem with the install process. However im thinking now i should have choosen "Install Composer 4.1". 

In my EpiServerInstall.Exe in EPiServer installation directory i added:

Now when i try to install Composer on my site the installation process stops and i'm getting the error: 

Error - Cannot resolve dependencies for the following module(s) 
BVNetwork.FileNotFound.Redirects.CustomRedirectInitialization
EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule

I can however install Composer in a new Alloy default EPiServer site. 

When i was working with the aspx file on a page and tried to switch to Design mode and there was just errors instead of the controlls. Something must have gone wrong with my composer installation as the controlls are just showing errors. This is what it looks like: http://postimg.org/image/qe16r1a8n/

Does this problem have to do with Composer and can i install/reinstall Composer on my site somehow?

Thanks

Sep 24, 2014 17:25
Vote:

From the error it looks like there is a issue with having the Redirect module from BVNetwork installed.

If you remove that module first does the composer installer work?

Sep 25, 2014 13:37
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.