Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Updating Global Blocks "...will not affect existing content based on that particular global block."

Vote:

Hello fellow EPiServer users,

On page 32 of the "User's Guide for EPiServer Composer 4.0" there is an information box that states:

"When you update a global block, this will not affect existing content based on that particular global block".  

What does this mean in practice? I was expecting to create a global block for contact details, that can be placed on many pages. Then when the contact details need to be updated, to edit them in one place (as an administrator), and the change to appear on all the pages that contain the global block. Under what circumstances would this not be true?

Thanks

Karen

Jul 16, 2014 10:32
Vote:

Hi Karen,

My guess it's a typo/bug in the documentation. I belive it will work just as you are expecting it to.

I tried it on demon.episerver.com and it work as you expect it. It updates the information on all the places the global block is used.

/Petter

Jul 16, 2014 11:12
Vote:

Hi Petter

Thank you. I will have a play to see if it does the same for me too.

Regards

Karen

Jul 16, 2014 16:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.