Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot delete duplicate composer blocks

Vote:

Somehow my database have two instances of the same Composer block. This probably happened because I used Page Type Builder (1.3.1) without specifying a GUID, and when deploying to a load-balanced environment where each server generated their own Composer block based on the PTB class (but with different GUIDs).

I did not discover this issue untill recently, and my problem now is that both blocks are in use by 7-15 rows in the table "tblPage". 
I tried simply changing the fkPageTypeID fields to try to make the pages use just one of the two duplicates, hoping to be able to delete the other duplicate in Admin Mode (without any "depending pages" issues). However, this did not work as expected, giving me the following error:
PageTypeBuilder.PageTypeBuilderException: The function is not of type MyComposerBlock.

I guess I'd have to delete one of the blocks from the published version of the composer pages, and somehow delete previous versions of the composer page, so that there is no dependencies in the database, before finally deleting the duplicate block in Admin Mode.

But perhaps it is possible to do this in a simpler way in the database? 

Jan 22, 2013 10:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.