Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Replacing XForms with The More Dynamic Composer Function Page Template

Vote:

Okay so I thought of using Composer as an alternative to the useful but somewhat restricted XForms tool of EPiServer 5 CMS.  However I am hitting a problem that I posted before. It should be fairly simple - how do I create a flexbible application form that editors can drag and drop components onto, with a submit button on the form?

Essentially it would need to read through each of the Composer-functions on the page and their values.  Short of using AJAX and caching the values from each new function, which would then be read on submit button click, I was wondering if there's a way of doing this?  This would NOT be several XForms functions - simply a case of providing a Label and Textbox in our function - let's call it MyFunction. Now using the Composer Toolbox I drag several of these onto a Page Template.  I may drag many on to the Page Template.  I could put a Submit Button on the Page Template. When clicked, this has to read every Function value.  Can anyone suggest a different approach other than caching the values of MyFunction in Session, for example, and reading during the OnSubmitClick event? 

Mar 26, 2011 23:15
Vote:

Each Composer function is a page in EPiServer. So each field that is added will be a new page in EPi. I guess you could set the function that holds the Submit Button to get the form holder function and then go through all functions it holds to gather the information. So yes I can see it working but not sure if it would be working the way you hoped.

Mar 28, 2011 8:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.