Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Javascript errors

Vote:

Hi,

We're using composer in EPiServer CMS 6.  This works fine on all pages except one page because of a javascript error.  The page by itself does not throw an error, but when I switch to "edit composer" mode, I get 2 javascript errors. See end of message.

It seems that composer is using Microsoft's Ajax which is causing the problem.  I can't see anything wrong with the way we've setup the page as it is exactly the same as the other composer pages?

Thanks

Danie

Error: a is null
Source File: http://test/ScriptResource.axd?d=ie9cioxQAV9f80NptsWUWonAatMCfEEcJtD-OTunbMe_gI0XNYMRlyrm2huc5fxMciArspHNVZCgjqKG6mj8yi6BAJP7i0RaGTwgnD9lHy0LfY1lcjKjPVYc6sheMO-If2ZZkIJ-hH-Og1s2z1-k0EFJ_IBpbDCGgLFBrg6chmw1&t=2610f696
Line: 5

Error: oConfirmDlg_oDialog is not defined
Source File: http://test/Dropit/Plugin/Extension/UI/Js/x3.min.js
Line: 1

Oct 21, 2011 16:18
Vote:

Hey Danie,

Its been a while since we last spoke :-P

We actually came across a similar problem. In our case we were including a jQuery library which was conflicting with the composer one.

The problem is not jQuery itself, but rather the use of the "$" sign which is used by many javascript libraries.

Found a post here that helped me narrow down the problem. Also have a look here if you are using the jQuery library.

So if you are including jQuery somewhere in your project, you will need to do the following

<script src='/<path to script folder>/jquery.min.js' type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var j = $.noConflict();
</script>

Then just be sure to use "j" instead of "$" throughout the project.

Hope this helps

Oct 24, 2011 7:42
Vote:

You can also without having to set:

<script type="text/javascript">
var j = $.noConflict();
</script>
just use jQuery it also works fine.

Edited, Oct 24, 2011 9:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.