Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

You are not allowed to edit this content function

Vote:

Hi,

I have the following problem: After reentering an existing composer page, the access to one of the functions has been reset, and the edit link is not displayed anymore. When clicking at the grey area at the top of the function, I get the following message: "You are not allowed to edit this content function". The access and rules in composer admin is correctly set.

The workaround seems to be to set the access to the function each time I edit it. Otherwise the access is reset after editing the function and I get the above message the next time I try to edit it. This is a bit cumbersome. Is there a solution to this problem?

Best regards, Knut-Olav Traa

Jun 22, 2009 22:56
Vote:

Just a FYI post. And maybe not relevant at all to your specific issue (but relevant to the heading) Cool 

I have noticed that in Google Chrome and IE8 the composer functionality appears to work fine, but when you drop a function to a content area, you either get a crash message, or you get the "not allowed to" message.

This seems related to some javascript behaviour in Google Chrome and IE8 and in IE8 it is solved by switching to compatability view. 

Jul 01, 2009 10:58
Vote:

Hi Knut-Olav,

I had this problem with my Composer too, when trying to drag my own function into a content area. It turned out that I had implement my code in the OnInit event instead of OnLoad. I changed it to OnLoad and it work like a charm.

Hope this could help you.

Regards

Edited, Oct 02, 2009 5:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.