Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SearchDataSource returns no results

Vote:

Hi,

I have a composer site where pretty much all editorial content is in compose pages. I'm trying to create a simple search page using a SearchDataSource and a Repeater pretty much copied from the demo templates but I never get any hits. I have enabled Indexing in the module config and also run the re-index composer pages job.

The main reason I'm suspicous is because I've written my own ajax search which uses PageTextIndexDB and that yields results on the same query.

Jun 11, 2009 11:47
Vote:

Done some research of my own using Sql Profiler. The sql query is executed and returns results, however they are never returned from the searchdatasource.. Still don't know why.
Jun 11, 2009 18:09
Vote:

any luck ?

content from functions doesn't returned when searched

did all the things in the best practices and still no content found

using the search from public termplates

Jul 23, 2009 16:08
Vote:

No, I haven't been trying to much lately though. There is a job in admin for composer that needs to be enabled for indexing. There is also a setting in "Module settings" under  "Config" in admin for Dropit.Extension that needs to be enabled.

However I have already done these things.. I guess I'll soon be reporting this to the support instead.

Jul 23, 2009 20:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.