Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 5 - GlobalFiles reference not found

Vote:

Hi.

I have taken over an EPiServer 5 site from another consulting firm. I recieved their full local code base and have done the following in order to set up my own development environment:

- Copied VPP and database from the sharp production server.
- Clean win7 machine.
- VisualStudio 2008 + .net 3.5
- IIS7
- ApplicationPool integrated.
- Changed the VPP paths in web.config for PageFiles, GlobalFiles and Documents.

The sites compiles without any error and works well on the IIS except 1 thing. All references to GlobalFiles on the site are broken (not found rather). Documents and PageFiles seems to work just fine.
I shouldnt have to change anything else in any config since the codebase I recieved should be running just fine.

Any idé to why the GlobalFiles seems to be the only thing that doesnt work? Maybe some IIS setting, .net or framework setting?

Thanks,
Adam

Aug 17, 2015 15:35
Vote:

Found that GlobalFiles was missing an accoiciated <location> tag in the web.config. Don't know how the site could work without it before..

Added:

<location path="Global">
<system.webServer>
<handlers>
<add name="webresources" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" />
<add name="wildcard" path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer" />
</handlers>
</system.webServer>
<staticFile expirationTime="-1.0:0:0" />
</location>

Aug 19, 2015 7:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.