Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple OnPageEditControl

Vote:

Hi, i have getting these on a couple of pages on a episerver 5 site. The pages have been working fine but suddenly give the following exception without any code changes or deploys. I presume that the OnPageEditControl is something that has to do with episerver? What exactly does this control do? When i get the error i´m not loged in.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Multiple controls with the same ID 'OnPageEditControl' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Multiple controls with the same ID 'OnPageEditControl' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID 'OnPageEditControl' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.]
System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +273
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureNamedControlsTable() +61
System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +222
System.Web.UI.Page.FindControl(String id) +38
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +232
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1743

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Regards

Niklas Furberg

Oct 21, 2009 18:42
Vote:

Hi,

The above error is probably caused due to double-initialization of OnPageEdit control. We have a registerd bug which has already been fixed in R2-SP1.

Bug #15499: ContextMenu/OnPageEdit registers unwanted javascript even when user is not logged in.

For detailed answer to your question "What exactly does this control do? ", have a look at what Henrik Tengelin has replied to this forum thread.

Oct 22, 2009 9:08
Vote:

ok, thanks for the answer, I´l install the latest service packs.
Oct 22, 2009 9:53
Vote:

I'm having this same error occur on CMS 6 (not 6R2)

Apr 28, 2011 21:51
Vote:

I am using CMS 5 R1 SP2 but i am getting this error on Windows 7 32 bit machine, but this seems to work well with XP.

Feb 15, 2012 8:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.