Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Value cannot be null. (Parameter name: virtualPath)

Vote:

Hej Jag fick detta fel idag när vi skulle deploya till kundens produktionsserver. Det som uppdaterades i deployen var bara APSX:er och bin-filer, inget annat rördes. Jag undrar ju då vad jag kan ha gjort i koden för att orsaka detta på kundens server men inte på vår test (där de funkar) Felet: Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath] System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options) +122 System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathProvider.FileExists(String virtualPath) +13 EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNativeProvider.FileExists(String virtualPath) +38 EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNativeProvider.FileExists(String virtualPath) +38 EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNativeProvider.FileExists(String virtualPath) +38 Foundation.Library.UI.WebControls.Image.LoadAlternateText() +75 Foundation.Library.UI.WebControls.Image.LoadPropertyValues() +162 Foundation.Library.UI.WebControls.Image.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +17 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +206 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216 System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12 Tyrens.Base.WebUI.Templates.Office.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +836 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436
Feb 14, 2008 11:49
Vote:

Did you change any of the virtual paths? Check your web.config and make sure that all the folders specified have the correct path on the server. -- Lars Ø Bodahl www.epinova.no
Feb 15, 2008 10:28
Vote:

I have updated the episerver

commerce core to 10.2.1

commerce manager also 10.2.1.

Episerver Framework 10.3.1

Now others working fine but if i am going to commerce manager i am getting an error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: virtualPath

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: virtualPath

Source Error:

I can't do any solution please help me out.

Jan 13, 2017 7:01
Vote:

Hi Arindam,

Have had the same problem but solved it with this information:

EPiServer.Shell moved to EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core

In CMS 10, EPiServer.Shell.dll was moved from NuGet package EPiServer.Framework to EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core (see CMS-1380). This might affect Commerce Manager sites where EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core is not installed.

If you get an error message saying Value cannot be null.Parameter name: virtualPath]in EPiServer.Shell.ShellInitialization.WaitForInitializeModules()..., remove the EPiServer.Shell.dll from the site bin folder.

If you have both EPiServer.Framework to EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core installed, no change is required.

Jan 13, 2017 8:01
Vote:

Thank you very much .Still facing a problem that can’t open the catalog manager.

Is there anything remaining here that can re-enable catalog management.

Jan 13, 2017 12:18
Vote:

Hi Arindam, I had the same problem when i upgraded CommerceManager to latest version. Upgrading nuget package for CommereceManager removed following lines from the web.config file. Adding them back resolved the issue.

Correction of EPiServer.Shell configuration after upgrade

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you still having issues after adding above lines back to your config

Regards,

Sujit

Mar 16, 2017 3:48
Vote:

<p>Hi Sujit, this is the same when upgrading to 11.0.0, 11.1.0 and 11.1.1. Readding the removed web.config entries solved the issue. So thanks for the information. Made the trouble shooting easier.</p> <p>Regards / Jakob</p>
Aug 22, 2017 13:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.