Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SearchDataSource exeption while searching with > 10 words

Vote:

Hi there,

Is it possible to configure the searchdatasource so that it supports more than 10 searchwords?
Currently i'm getting this exception:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> EPiServer.Core.EPiServerException: A maximum of 10 words allowed in query
at EPiServer.Core.Html.TextSearchParameters.Parse(String searchKeywords)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.TextSearchParameters..ctor(String searchKeywords, Boolean searchOnlyWholeWord)
at EPiServer.Web.WebControls.SearchDataSource.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments)

Jul 26, 2012 9:11
Vote:

Hi Ger, I've been here before and the limitation is at the database level (stored procedure [netKeywordSearch]) and persisted through the API.

I guess there are a couple of other options available. 

1. Run multiple searches and merge the results - calculating the and sorting the rankings could be a pain.

2. Use FindPagesWithCriteria if you are searching only certain properties.

3. Look at using the new EPiServer Find (former truffler) or the Full Text Search Service.

Jul 27, 2012 12:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.