Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

YAF integration in EPiServer 6

Vote:

Has anyone tried to integrate the Yaf forum into an EPiServer website?
right now i'm running into issues concerning namespaces and the membership- / role provider

What are the best practices?

Oct 24, 2012 10:17
Vote:

I would not integrate it in the same project/application. Instead I'd build functionality that hands over login sessions and serves HTML for header and footer.

Oct 24, 2012 13:04
Vote:

We want the forum to be part of the website and with YAF you can do just that. What do you mean with 'functionality that hands over login sessions etc'?

Oct 24, 2012 15:11
Vote:

Yes, but I would not stuff it into the same project. EPiServer has a lot of site-wide stuff going on with URL-handling and configuration that might collide with a such a big piece of forum functionality that Yaf contains.

Put it separate but share look and feel. And by "hand over login sessions" I mean configure or implement code so that a user don't need to login twice.

Oct 24, 2012 15:16
Vote:

thanks Johan!

Oct 24, 2012 15:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.