Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Delayed Publishing Feature not working.

Vote:

Hi All,

I have a site in Episerver 6.0. My delayed publishing feature is not working for the site. I make changes to my page click save and view and then click ready to publish. in versions tab then I click my delayed publish icon and set date and time. But page doesn't get published in the time specified. New version is never picked up.

Any help with regards to this will be highly appreciated. Do let me know in case any further information is required.

//Abhinav

Nov 21, 2013 17:06
Vote:

Is the scheduled job for handling publishing of delayed page versions active?

Nov 21, 2013 17:13
Vote:

Yes, if you are talking about Episerver scheduler service, its up and running

Nov 21, 2013 17:20
Vote:

Thats one thing. But ther is an actual scheduled job for handling delayed publish, is that job active and how often does it run?

Nov 21, 2013 17:44
Vote:

Sorry I might not be aware of that then. Could you please let me know how and where could Icheck for it.

Nov 21, 2013 20:22
Vote:

Go into Admin mode - Admin tab - Scheduled job - Page Delayed versions.

Nov 21, 2013 22:12
Vote:

Hi Per yes, it was scheduled to some earlier time when I started it manually it started without any error any my pages got puiblished. But issue now I am facing is that it stops automatically . it is not responding in the scheduled time I give in "It should run in every" say 1 minute.

if I save next scheduled time manually and manually start it again it works. Any help to make it work continuously in prescribed time without any failure.

Nov 22, 2013 6:43
Vote:

Hi Per, It seems to be working but when the page is published the whole page disappears from the website for some time.

If it was our front page as an example, we would be without a website for 15-30 seconds. Is this expected behaviour or what?

Dec 09, 2013 10:42
Vote:

Hi Per,

I was trying to "schedule for publish" for a page , but it was not publishing at schedule time. And  when i tried to schedule manually  it works fine. And also i verfied that Schedule service is running but still unable to understand why it is not working.Any help with regards to this will be highly appreciated. Do let me know in case any further information is required.

Sep 22, 2016 12:26
Vote:

Try running all jobs manually once. Sometimes with older version it hangs. Then put it on every 10 mins or so. 

Hopefully that work around works for you...

Sep 22, 2016 13:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.