Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I override anchor.js from ClientResources

Vote:

Hi, after I have updated the code with .16 version of EPiServer, anchors inside TinyMCE were added a validation with Regex. However, the regex doesn't include Swedish letters, so now my application doesn't work as intended.

What I want to do is to replace [a-z][a-z0-9\-\_:\.] with [\w][\w \-] inside xx/secret/CMS/2.1.82/ClientResources/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/js/anchor.js

This is placed inside VPP folder under 2.1.82 version. If I add an IHttpHandler, I would need to add this path /secret/CMS/2.1.82/ClientResources/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/js/ to it and when EPiServer issues a new update I would need to change the number.

Is this the best way or there is a better one?

The other option is to change the file manually in VPP, which is even worse.

Sep 19, 2013 11:17
Vote:

Actually, I needed to change this with [a-zA-ZåäöÅÄÖ][a-zA-ZåäöÅÄÖ0-9\-\_:\.]

I added this to web.config:

<location path="secret/CMS/2.1.82/ClientResources/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/js">
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <add name="TinyMceExtendedValidElements" path="/secret/CMS/2.1.82/ClientResources/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/js/anchor.js" verb="GET" type="KemI.Web.Business.EPiServerUI.TinyMceConfig.AnchorFileHandler, KemI.Web" />
      </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
  </location>

And the AnchorFileHandler looks like this:

public class AnchorFileHandler : IHttpHandler
    {
        public bool IsReusable
        {
            get { return true; }
        }

public void ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
        {
            var newUrl = "/ClientResources/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/js/anchor.js";
            context.Server.Transfer(newUrl);
        }
    }

This means that when the version changes, I need to update the web.config file.

If someone has a better idea, I would appreciate it!

Sep 19, 2013 17:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.