Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EditAttributes for CategoryList properties

Ted
Ted
Vote:

I just wanted to confirm whether it's by design that the EditAttributes HTML helper method doesn't work for CategoryList properties in EPiServer 7?

For example:@Html.EditAttributes(p=>p.Category)

In the markup I can see that it has added attributes such as data-epi-property-name="Category" and data-epi-use-mvc="True", but I don't get an overlay.

Mar 27, 2013 19:31
Vote:

I think that was a bug. The property's backing item is named "PageCategory" and it seems that we don't properly map from property name to backing item name in the EditAttributes helper. Using @Html.EditAttributes("PageCategory") should be a workaround.

I will investigate and report a bug. Thanks for pointing out.

Mar 28, 2013 8:17
Vote:

I see no reason why this should not work and have created the following bug to handle it:

Bug #97602: Edit hints for the category property does not work

Mar 28, 2013 8:18
Ted
Vote:

Great, thanks guys!

Mar 28, 2013 8:31
Vote:

It works on page, but is it possible to show editable Categories for shared block in On-Page Edit Mode?

Jun 11, 2015 13:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.