Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForms - Data per page/block

Vote:

Hi!

It seems it's no longer possible to get data from a form for the specific page/block it's located on only.

If I use a xform in a page or a block, and reuse that same form on other pages, I can't seem to view the formdata specific for that page/block. If i go to the xform-property on the page/block and choose "View data" I always get all the data submited through that specific form, regardles off where it's located. In CMS 6 I can choose to show only the current pages data, or all data for that form.

Has this feature been removed? Or is this simply a bug? It's pretty common that you'd want to reuse the same form on multiple pages, and be able to see the submitted data for the selected page only.

Nov 07, 2012 10:40
Vote:

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback. The new behaviour is by design and the thought behind it is that there now is so many ways to show a block: On a page directly, on a page through a block or through dynamic content. If we would add the posibilities to filter data for a specific page I guess that one would like to filter on the actual page that the form was posted on, regardless how it got there?

Nov 07, 2012 11:05
Vote:

Hi!

Ok, then I understand :)

Yeah, like you described it would be the prefered behaviour, with the additional ability to view all submitted data. Pretty much like it works in CMS 6. It shouldn't matter if it's in a block/dynamic content or on a page.

Assume for instance that you have a site with multiple events, and that you can register for these events from an xform. Then you want to use the same form on alla the pages, but be able to view the registrations for each event seperatly. I know that we have customers with this kind of functionality today, and this would not work "out of the box" if we were to upgrade.

Nov 07, 2012 12:01
Vote:

I can say that the new behaviour would be a big problem for our biggest customer. 

Nov 08, 2012 13:23
Vote:

I have forwarded this to product management and it should not be a big issue so hopefully we can add this posibility in a not to far future.

Nov 08, 2012 13:55
Vote:

Hi!

I'm sorry for being a thread-necromancer but I need to know what the status of this is, did it make it to a planned features-list or was it abandoned? We need the ability to filter the data list to only show forms from the current page and the only other option we can see right now is to write all this ourselves.

Edited, Jun 24, 2014 16:30
Vote:

Unfortunatelly this feature is not due to be released the coming months, so if this is an important need for the customer now I recommend that you make a small customization that lets you filter forms that has been submitted through a particular page/block.

Jun 30, 2014 16:20
Vote:

Whats the status of this?

It's been a year now? Will it be fixed?

Edited, Aug 10, 2015 9:52
Vote:

Whats the status of this?

It's been 3 years now? Will it be fixed?

Jun 26, 2017 14:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.