Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Simple link + shortcut issue

Vote:

Dear all,

I've faced with weird behavior: I can't remove shortcut if page has simple address.
It happens from time to time.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create page and add simple address.2. Add shortcut "Shortcut to page in EPiServer CMS" and select some page (in my case it is the root page)
3. Remove shortcut and try to publish page.

On the last step I get the following error: http://prntscr.com/944swz

The only one way to remove shortcut in this case, to change or remove simple address first.

Have you ever faced with such issue?

Nov 19, 2015 12:24
Vote:

Which Episerver version? I am unable to reproduce this in Epi 9.0. 

However I don't think is related to the shortcut at all.

The error message says that the simple address "some-address" is already in use on the page with id=6094. Have you actually checked page 6094 to see if the same simple address is used there?
That would obviously cause an error as two pages cannot share the same simple address. 

Edited, Nov 20, 2015 14:00
Vote:

Launch Excel 2013 spreadsheet in which you want to add links. For instance, we have included a spreadsheet containing; Name, Marks, and Links field .

Nov 26, 2015 13:34
Vote:

Arild Henrichsen the issue reproduces both on our website (CMS version is 7.17.0) and sample alloy site (version 7.5.394.2). And cannot be reproduced on 8.11.0.

The simple address is not duplicated when the error appears.

The steps are:

1. Create page and add simple address.

2. Add shortcut "Shortcut to page in EPiServer CMS" and select some page (in my case it is the root page).

3. Publish the page.

4. Remove shortcut (select "No shortcut") and try to publish page - get an error then.

Edited, Dec 14, 2015 14:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.