Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exception without stacktrace

Vote:

I have the same problem as in this question: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=29496&. Pretty much every minute (and sometimes up to ten times per minute) I'm getting the follwing error in the EPiServerErrors log:

2014-05-05 06:52:42,821 ERROR [37] EPiServer.Global.Global_Error - 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET

There's no more information so hard to tell what's going wrong. I followed the advice from the question above and put the logging level to Debug to be able to see what's happening before the error is thrown, but during the 30 min the logging level was up the error did not happen a single time (started happening again as soon as I turned it back down to have the Error level).

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to look for next?

May 05, 2014 14:30
Vote:

Hi,

Have you checked the Event Viewer?

May 05, 2014 20:18
Vote:

If Event Log is empty - next thing I would fireup a `windbg` and attach to w3wp.exe process and type:

.loadby sos
sxe clr
g

This will assure that all `First-Chance CLR Exceptions` will be handled in WinDbg session. When an exception happens you can use `!printexception` or `!analyze -v` to see some original from where this nasty bug is coming and what could be behind the scenes.

Edited, May 05, 2014 23:48
Vote:

Dejan, yes and there's nothing there.

Valdis, thanks, will have a look at this.

May 06, 2014 12:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.