Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Subscriptions not saved

Vote:

Hello! I have a great problem and I have been trying to solve it for some time without success. The symtpoms are easily described as when a logged on user goes to "Prenumeration" page the page shows all available prenumerations. The user checks the prenumerations he wants and clicks ok. The form comes back and the checkboxes are empty. If I programatically subscribe to a page the checkbox for that prenumeration will be checked(As expected). I can't uncheck it because the form doesn't seem to execute the logic needed for subscribin/unsubscribing. I followed the idea of making my own usercontrol and override CreateChildControls and SaveSubscriptions. Got it up and running but the super class (SubsriptionList) doesn't call the SaveSubsription Method so it's useless to override it. I'm lost. Has anyone seen this before?? Any help would be extremly(!) appreciated. The version that I'm running is 4.51. Best regards, Niclas Lindberg
Dec 18, 2006 17:03
Vote:

I realise this is a very old post but thought I would reply anyway - as I have recently overcome a similar (if not the same) problem.

It is important to ensure that your list of subscribable items is sysnched with the user.SubscriptionInfo.SubscribeTo(pageRef, language).

When I was saving using the method signature without language  (user.SubscriptionInfo.SubscribeTo(pageRef) the subscription list checkbox did not show the item as checked - even though a custom report detail subscribed items by user clearly showed that the subscription had been saved.

Nov 03, 2013 23:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.