Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Pricing: Would you recommend using SalesType or SalesCode? And What is the dropdown "Customer Group (Sale Code)" used for?

Vote:

Hi,

I have just started to work with Pricing in Episerver.

I have two questions and I hope you will give me some short inputs.

#1) I am working on a scenario where we have customerprice and memberprice. Would you recommend using SalesType or SalesCode? I have played around with this tutorial: http://fellow.aagaardrasmussen.dk/2017/04/14/extend-the-tiered-pricing-model-for-b2b-with-a-new-price-type/

#2) What is the dropdown "Customer Group (Sale Code)"  used for? Please see screenshot.

SubmitPricing

BR
Lasse

[Pasting files is not allowed]

Aug 10, 2017 22:33
Vote:

That's not what it is supposed to be. To be filtered by Sale Code, your price must have CustomerPricing with SaleType = Customer Price Group, and Sale Code = the new one you added. 

Aug 11, 2017 10:38
Vote:

Hey Quan Mai,

Thank very much : ) I understand now.

And, if it is ok I ask:

I am working on a scenario where we have customerprice and memberprice. How would you handle this - please see picture:

Br
Lasse

Aug 11, 2017 15:31
Vote:

I am not entirely sure you do but if members are allowed to buy for customerprice then you should have:

customerprice with Sale Type=All Customers and Sale Code empty

memberprice with Sale Type=Customer Price Group and Sale Code=Member

That is the recommended way, if you for some reason don't want to allow members to buy with the customerprice(if it is lower than the memberprice) you will have to set it up like this(not recommended!):

customerprice with Sale Type=Customer Price Group and Sale Code=Customer

Aug 13, 2017 14:05
Vote:

Hi Erik,

Thank you very much. I went for the recommend setup:

customerprice with Sale Type=All Customers and Sale Code empty

BR Lasse

Aug 16, 2017 12:53
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.