Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to see all Media files and/or all Variants in CMS Commerce view (Epi 10)

Vote:

Re-posting this in the Commerce forums, per suggestion in the orignal post in the CMS forum. https://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=179606 . Re-pasted below :) Thanks for any help!

-----------------------------------------------

While looking at the list of variants at the product level in the CMS Commerce Catalog view, it seems that there is a hard height limit on the number of items Epi's UI displays. There is no scrollbar, and the number just cuts off at somewhere around 6-7 variants. The same thing happens for the media item collections (like images at the product level for example) -- the number of images visible in that collection stops at about 5, and even though you're able to add more -- you can't actually see them in the UI, as they hide behind-the-fold of the "drop images here" element.

This is all on Epi 10.4.2.0 project. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a current bug?

I feel like I ran into this with previous versions of Epi, but it was fixed, so I'm wondering if it maybe made a comeback in 10, or if maybe it wasn't fixed in the first place. Or, of course, if this is somehow unique to this specific project (though I highly doubt it, as no customizations to Epi UI there have been made..).

For some additional info, below is the screen cap for what I'm talking about:

media content invisible overflow after row 6

You can see above that the media file collection displays 6 rows, but hides all additional ones (7, 8, 9, 10+) behind the fold of the "You can drop media here" UI element. They don't come into view below it either, they're just gone. If those image rows had actual non-broken images, each row would take up more height, and even less of them would actually fit on the screen before the rest are cut off.

I experienced the same behavior in the Variant view UI on the Product level.

P.S. Am I blind, or is there no way to upload images directly into a post in World, and I have to host the image elsewhere and link to it afterwards?.. sheesh.

Edited, Jun 23, 2017 21:29
Vote:

Hi,

I can confirm this is a bug. It happens when a catalog content has more than 6-7 assets. I will file a bug and we will look into this ASAP. 

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

EDIT: I did it wrong. It can be shown properly. Sorry for that.

Can you try to clear browser cache, and/or try to upgrade to a later version to see if it works?

Regards,

/Q

Edited, Jun 26, 2017 9:56
Vote:

Hi Quan Mai,

By "a later version" do you mean the browser, or Epi? And this also happened for different people, on different machines, and different browsers. But I will double-check that again and confirm!

Jun 28, 2017 0:37
Vote:

By "a later version" I meant Episerver. By default we only support latest version of Chrome/Firefox, btw.

If it happens for other people on other machines, then it does not seem to be browser-related, so upgrade your site to a later version of Commerce and try again :) 

Jun 28, 2017 9:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.